Whew. TGIF never felt more accurate than this week. It’s been an absolutely crazy week! (I’m sure many of you can relate, because that just seems to be the life of a mom, am I right?!!). We’ve been prepping for Charley’s first birthday and also preparing for Ben’s mom to visit. There’s lots to do even if you’re just preparing for guests, but add a first birthday on top of that and you’ve got absolute chaos. I like to think I’m a relatively calm and peaceful person, but this week I have been a big ball of stress and anxiety! I switched my schedule around so that I don’t have to work this weekend (YAY!!!!) but that meant I worked during the week. Lots to juggle but I know that with coffee, prayer, and just taking things one moment at a time, I can get it all done!
Since my week has been so bonkers, I’m sharing my 5 favorite things that have saved me and helped make my crazy #momlife more manageable. Hope you enjoy!! xx
1. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion – I usually am out in the sun more in the summer and get to build a natural tan, but with a babe under one, we definitely have stayed inside/in the shade more and I’ve been the whitest I’ve ever been during the summer! I’ve never really used tanning lotion before and I was a bit nervous, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. No streaks and it looks very natural! I used the medium shade.
2. Ban.do Hot Stuff Thermal Mug – Long gone are the days that I can drink coffee out of a mug. If it’s not in a thermos, I will be drinking cold coffee. And I just can’t do that! So my thermos is my savior these days. This one is adorable and totally #momlife!
3. Mom Life is the Best Life Sweatshirt – I love this sweatshirt! Mom life really IS the best life. Yeah it’s crazy, but we wouldn’t have it any other way, would we?! This sweatshirt is so freakin soft and comfortable. I wear this all the time. It’s the perfect weight and I’ve been living in this this week (inside, of course….it’s still hot and humid here in Oklahoma!).
4. Beautycounter Touchup Skin Concealer Pen – This is hands down THE best concealer pen. I’ve had dark under eye circles for forever and having a baby just made them even more pronounced 😉 This stuff smooths the appearance of fine lines and doesn’t settle into under eye creases like other ones I’ve tried. It blends beautifully, too. No weird ashy look! I use this in “light.” Basically I can’t ever live without this and you will love it, too. Promise!!
5. Ban.do I Am Very Busy Classic Agenda – I can’t function without my planner. I know we have phones with calendars and such, but if I don’t write it down, I can’t remember it! I’m a very visual person, and this helps me keep my life in order (or as close to it as possible!). This one is adorable and the quote on the front seems so fitting for this week and sums up #momlife perfectly.
Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend! Can’t wait to share Charley’s birthday with you all! It’s gonna be crazy but so fun. Don’t forget to enter here for a chance to win some of our absolute favorite items that helped us survive the first year!